CIDBT 4101 Smart Puppy Training
This course is aimed at the canine professional who wants to increase their knowledge in the wonderful world of dogs, puppies and canine development. Learning how to assist clients to achieve the very best that they can…whether that client owns a Basset Fauve De Bretagne or an American Akita or is in the early stages of selecting a breed for their family and their lifestyle.
Whilst many believe that when embarking on a career in dog training and behaviour that puppy training is the first step on that road, actually puppy classes are one of the most important stages in a dogs’ life and if these are not run effectively and with a great deal of knowledge and expertise, the long-term ramifications can be huge. Owners are often new and are solely reliable on you as their trainer to give them the best advice. Running puppy classes should not be for the beginner or inexperienced, trainers need a high level of skill to set these little individual puppies and their owners off to the very best start.
Spread over three phases you’ll learn about things such as how to locate and recommend suitable breeders and what to look for within a litter depending on requirements, health testing, temperament inheritance, the critical periods of temperament development, breed specific socialisation, feeding and of course that so important early puppy obedience training, response conditioning, and much, much more.
Phase 1 (Home Study)
- Involves the research and study of selecting a breed, a breeder, breed specific health tests, early puppy temperament testing, what to look for and how to advise.
- The best way to bring a puppy home. Introducing your puppy to resident pets and visa versa!
- Transporting your puppy.
- Conditioning your puppy to household sights and sounds and vaccinations.
Phase 2 (Home Study)
- Involves the research and study of socialisation – assessing the breed and the individual that you see.
- Crates, Cages, Dens and Myths.
- Toilet training.
- Toys, Treats and Play.
- Alone time and preventing Separation Anxiety.
Phase 3 (Home Study)
- Involves the research and study of assessing the individual dog and planning ahead.
- Training and behaviour – what is this difference?
- Obedience training – home and classes.
- Trouble shooting – jumping up, mouthing, chewing.
- Disciplines – what is there available to do with your adolescent dog now you have him.
“I was looking to change career’s and follow my passion into the dog industry.
I looked at many courses then I found CIBDT. I live up in the North East and these courses where down South. It was one of the best decisions I made and the travel just became part of an exciting journey.
I’ve lost count how many courses I took online and participant in classroom environments and practical workshops. I’ve met fellow students that have gone on to be life long friends.
Education has to be informative and reach everyone on a personal level. The environment has to be friendly, inviting and comfortable. These courses met all this criteria and more.
I’ve gone on to work with rescue’s and dog’s with behaviour struggles from traumatic backgrounds and experiences and writing behaviour modification plan’s for rehabilitation. My confidence grew by choosing these courses with CIBDT giving me the tools to choose my own path in the dog industry and giving me the opportunity to learn and enjoy at the same time.”