CIDBT 4101 Smart Puppy Training
Is this course for you?
Are you starting up your own puppy training classes? Do you already run classes and want to get the best out of them? Do you want to work with new puppy owners and give best advice? Or are you just interested in learning more about puppies?
Then this course is for you.
What you cover:
How it works:
Phase 1 (Home Study)
- Involves the research and study of selecting a breed, a breeder, breed specific health tests, early puppy temperament testing, what to look for and how to advise.
- The best way to bring a puppy home. Introducing your puppy to resident pets and visa versa!
- Transporting your puppy.
- Conditioning your puppy to household sights and sounds and vaccinations.
Phase 2 (Home Study)
- Involves the research and study of socialisation – assessing the breed and the individual that you see.
- Crates, Cages, Dens and Myths.
- Toilet training.
- Toys, Treats and Play.
- Alone time and preventing Separation Anxiety.
Phase 3 (Home Study)
- Involves the research and study of assessing the individual dog and planning ahead.
- Training and behaviour – what is this difference?
- Obedience training – home and classes.
- Trouble shooting – jumping up, mouthing, chewing.
- Disciplines – what is there available to do with your adolescent dog now you have him.