Professional Dog Training Instructor Qualification (Level 4 Diploma)
CIDBT Professional Dog Training Instructor 12 month Programme You can achieve:
Formal qualification – Level 4 Diploma in Dog Training and Instruction
CIDBT Higher Certificate in Advanced Professional Dog Training Instruction
CIDBT Certificate in Professional Dog Training
Supported membership application of the Guild of Dog Trainers at the appropriate level
To View Qualification Specification, click here
We are delighted to offer this programme and internationally recognised qualification in association with iPET Network.
This programme and qualification has a strong practical focus, designed to encourage candidates to gain invaluable skills, not only in training dogs, but also in coaching owners and handlers to confidently train their dogs in a group class setting or on a one-to-one basis.
A wide range of in-depth and challenging theory units provide the essential underpinning knowledge to support the practical learning.
CIDBT Tutors have been heavily involved in creating this qualification from the outset to ensure that it meets the needs of the rapidly developing dog training industry and sets high standards of education within the sector.
View the full programme details Here
Enrolment is by application only
In order to apply for this programme you must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Be capable of working at Level 4 standard (equivalent to 1st year degree / Foundation Degree level).
Due to the practical nature of this qualification, Candidates must have access to dogs for the purposes of training for a minimum duration of 168 hours. This may take the form of:
- Working or volunteering as a Dog Trainer/Instructor or,
- Work shadowing a qualified/experienced Dog Training Instructor (this may be with the Tutor/Training Provider) or,
- Working or volunteering at a dog day care centre or,
- Working or volunteering at a dog rescue shelter or,
- Another suitable equivalent.
This qualification has been designed to enable Candidates to:
- Work professionally in the industry
- Achieve a recognised qualification (Diploma)
- Achieve Higher Certificate
- Work with a network of dog professionals
- Achieve dog training goals and career progression
- Formalise prior knowledge