iPet Network Qualficiation Level 2 Responsible Dog Ownership
The qualification offers an in-depth look at how to correctly match a dog to an owner to ensure a lasting relationship, understanding the importance of obtaining a dog from an appropriate source. It offers an overview of the law in relation to dog ownership, enabling owners to fully appreciate their responsibilities and develops understanding of the general care and health requirements of dogs throughout all stages of their lives.
Candidates who complete this qualification will be able to:
• Confidently choose a suitable pet dog based on a range of dog and owner-related factors.
• Obtain a pet dog from a reputable source.
• Understand the law as it relates to dog ownership.
• Understand how to maintain the health of their dog, both at home and with veterinary support.
• Recognise the basic care needs of their dog, how these needs change throughout the dog’s lifetime and how to accommodate these requirements.
This Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership consists of four mandatory units:
Unit 207: Choosing a Suitable Pet Dog (1 credit)
Unit 208: Dog Ownership and the Law (1 credit)
Unit 209: Canine Preventative Health Care (1 credit)
Unit 210: Canine Life Stage Care (1 credit)
This qualification is home study only.
You can access a copy of the iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership Qualification Guide by clicking on the link below. This document provides further information and a detailed breakdown of the units included.
iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership – Qualification Guide
Enrol below, or contact ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ for further information.