CIDBT 5002W Dog on Dog Aggression
This is a two-day workshop looking at dog aggression towards other dogs from a Canine Behaviour Practitioner’s perspective. We aim to make the weekend as full, informative and interactive as possible.
Largely film led, you will get to observe on film Canine Behaviour Consultations concerning a dogs aggression towards other dogs along with relevant temperament testing and reformation techniques.
- Discover some of the different elements that can act as triggers for dog on dog aggression.
- Learn about types of aggression
- Discover causes and compounding factors of dog aggression
- Understand how the owner’s situation/location and family circumstances may contribute to the development of dog on dog aggression.
- Discuss the importance of training strategies in the home and moreover public areas/ parks.
- Discuss the range of solutions that rehabilitate or manage such dog types and ramifications thereof.
Concluding the weekend by meeting a client and have the opportunity to develop and conduct a behaviour consultation including information gathering, temperament testing and devising practical solutions. No dogs are required for this workshop.
The venue for this workshop is at Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh Park, Warkwickshire. The course cost is NOT inclusive of accommodation, if you would like to book a room at the hotel please contact your tutor who may be able to get preferential rates.
“I was looking to change career’s and follow my passion into the dog industry.
I looked at many courses then I found CIBDT. I live up in the North East and these courses where down South. It was one of the best decisions I made and the travel just became part of an exciting journey.
I’ve lost count how many courses I took online and participant in classroom environments and practical workshops. I’ve met fellow students that have gone on to be life long friends.
Education has to be informative and reach everyone on a personal level. The environment has to be friendly, inviting and comfortable. These courses met all this criteria and more.
I’ve gone on to work with rescue’s and dog’s with behaviour struggles from traumatic backgrounds and experiences and writing behaviour modification plan’s for rehabilitation. My confidence grew by choosing these courses with CIBDT giving me the tools to choose my own path in the dog industry and giving me the opportunity to learn and enjoy at the same time.”