Through this course, we look at all types of dog on dog aggression and whether you just want to understand causes, compounding factors and the genetic inheritance of a dog aggressive dog or wish to learn to develop reformation plans regarding how to rehabilitate a dog that is aggressive to other dogs, this course covers it all under the remit of a Professional Canine Behaviour Practitioner.
The workshop element is a dynamic two days of seeing, listening, discussing and dissecting the nature of aggression within the domestic dog. You will be led through films of real life clients with their dogs, hear anecdotes from experienced behaviour practitioners and discussions with your peers.
The two day workshop typically culminates in a real life client and their dog aggressive dog for you conduct a behavioural consultation, or a dog that is presently awaiting a new home and needs a workable plan to reform their behaviour now and in the new home.
Discover the importance of training strategies for eliminating dog on dog aggression in the home or a domestic situation.
This is a work-based programme that includes a 2-day workshop which is a core element of the module. The workshop Lunch and beverages are included throughout this course.
The venue for this workshop is at The King’s Hotel (See ‘Workshop Date’ below) The course cost is NOT inclusive of accommodation, if you would like to book a room at the hotel please contact your tutor who may be able to get preferential rates.
- To gain an understanding of how the domestic dogs mind works and the basic causes of dog on dog aggression.
- Using the students limited professional experience and video based case studies to explore a range of dog aggression characteristics
- To discover some of the different elements that can act as triggers for dog on dog aggression.
- Discover how aggressive behaviour by a dog can results in its rejection by an individual or family member
- Understand how the owners situation/location and family circumstances may contribute to the development of dog on dog aggression i.e. other dogs present
- Discuss the importance of training strategies in the home and moreover public areas and parks.
- Discuss the range of solutions that rehabilitate or manage such dog types and ramifications thereof
- Meet a client and have the opportunity to develop and conduct a behaviour consultation including information gathering, testing and practical solutions.
“I was looking to change career’s and follow my passion into the dog industry.
I looked at many courses then I found CIBDT. I live up in the North East and these courses where down South. It was one of the best decisions I made and the travel just became part of an exciting journey.
I’ve lost count how many courses I took online and participant in classroom environments and practical workshops. I’ve met fellow students that have gone on to be life long friends.
Education has to be informative and reach everyone on a personal level. The environment has to be friendly, inviting and comfortable. These courses met all this criteria and more.
I’ve gone on to work with rescue’s and dog’s with behaviour struggles from traumatic backgrounds and experiences and writing behaviour modification plan’s for rehabilitation. My confidence grew by choosing these courses with CIBDT giving me the tools to choose my own path in the dog industry and giving me the opportunity to learn and enjoy at the same time.”