CIDBT 4119 Pet Home Sitting and Dog Walking Skills
Is this course for you?
Do you want to start a business walking dogs? Do you want to know how to walk dogs safely?
Then this course is for you.
What you will cover:
How it works:
Phase 1 (Home Study)
- Understanding basic canine communication
- Learn handling and observation skills
- Investigate some of the triggers for dog aggression
- Examine breed characteristics of different dogs
- Canine etiquette
- Understand more about the risks and how to manage potential dangers when walking and boarding dogs
- Dogs evolution to domesticity – a quick guide
Phase 2 (Home Study)
- Examine the general principles, procedures and safety requirements when walking and boarding clients dogs
- Local by-laws relating to dog walking
- Training and handling equipment essentials
- Prevention of losing a dog in a public place (security checks before the walk)
- The doggy extras – owners requests
- All weather dog walking in Britain’s climate
- Characteristics of dogs in a group and inter pack relationships
Phase 3 (Home Study)
- Examine routine care for cats
- Learn the characteristics of different cat breeds
- Protocol for meeting a new dog and client
- A further insight into the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
- Dog Law elements being in charge of a dog in public or private places
- Dog Law elements appertaining to the Dog Walker
- Understand the business basics for setting up and running a successful dog walking/boarding & pet sitting business.
- Other domestic pets
- Understanding what is expected from a pet sitter & dog walker