CIDBT 4004W Fundamental Skills in Dog Handling & Training
This workshop can be attended as a ‘stand-alone’ course, thereby allowing you to enjoy and learn from the workshop without the academic (written / research) work prior to attendance. After completing the workshop you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance. Our courses are designed so that the learners who attend the workshop are not disadvantaged by not completing prior Home Study.
This workshop is a relaxed, fun day covering basic dog handing and dog training techniques, to include:
- Learn to assess canine body language.
- Teaching a dog some basic exercises.
- Understand the use of various types of dog training equipment.
- Explore marker training.
- Learn about the use of rewards and timing in dog training.
- Practice many exercises, including recall training, loose lead walking, touch, stays, watch and other useful exercises.
- Observation of human and canine body language.
- Discover basic dog handling techniques.
- Attend a dog training class.
- And of course, working hands on with dogs.
This workshop is held at the Kennel Club Building, Warwickshire.
Students are required to bring a dog with them. (See ‘Workshop Date’ below)