CIDBT 4004W Fundamental Skills in Dog Handling & Training
This workshop can be attended as a ‘stand-alone’ course, thereby allowing you to enjoy and learn from the workshop without the academic (written / research) work prior to attendance. After completing the workshop you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance. Our courses are designed so that the learners who attend the workshop are not disadvantaged by not completing prior Home Study.
This workshop is a relaxed, fun day covering basic dog handing and dog training techniques, to include:
- Learn to assess canine body language.
- Teaching a dog some basic exercises.
- Understand the use of various types of dog training equipment.
- Explore marker training.
- Learn about the use of rewards and timing in dog training.
- Practice many exercises, including recall training, loose lead walking, touch, stays, watch and other useful exercises.
- Observation of human and canine body language.
- Discover basic dog handling techniques.
- Attend a dog training class.
- And of course, working hands on with dogs.
This workshop is held at the Kennel Club Building, Warwickshire.
Students are required to bring a dog with them. (See ‘Workshop Date’ below)
“I was looking to change career’s and follow my passion into the dog industry.
I looked at many courses then I found CIBDT. I live up in the North East and these courses where down South. It was one of the best decisions I made and the travel just became part of an exciting journey.
I’ve lost count how many courses I took online and participant in classroom environments and practical workshops. I’ve met fellow students that have gone on to be life long friends.
Education has to be informative and reach everyone on a personal level. The environment has to be friendly, inviting and comfortable. These courses met all this criteria and more.
I’ve gone on to work with rescue’s and dog’s with behaviour struggles from traumatic backgrounds and experiences and writing behaviour modification plan’s for rehabilitation. My confidence grew by choosing these courses with CIBDT giving me the tools to choose my own path in the dog industry and giving me the opportunity to learn and enjoy at the same time.”